If you didn’t already know, Father’s Day falls on September 2 this year. Yep, that’s only a few days away!
So hopefully...by now you should've picked up that all important super tech gift, that your partner has been dropping hints about all year!
But how about you also give him an extra special gift...one that he REALLY wants...one that will truly melt his heart!
And the best part is, you can easily do it yourself...awesome right?
We love you...D A D
How super cute is this? And the best part is...its SO easy to create yourself.
The kids really do get a kick out of this one, it can bring out their fun, cheeky side.
Great for siblings, this shoot allows you to have one photo of each child holding the letter 'D', and a lovely sibling one in the middle for the 'A' shot.
Pick a lovely greenery back drop outdoors, so you get the natural light and gorgeous added colour...you'll have a masterpiece in no time!
By the way...the matching t-shirts also gives an extra dose of cuteness which shines through!
Daddy's tie never looked better!
Strip your little one down to their cutest bloomers, and get them TIEd up in your partner's favourite tie.
I took these ones a few years ago of my youngest when she was 10 months old! And, let me give you a few good to know tips, if you would like to attempt this one for your bub around this age:
- ONLY attempt after bub has had their nap
- AND after a feed, so they are at their happiest possible state (gives a cute rosy cheeks glow...following points one and two as well...bonus!)
- Positioning bub on a wooden floor with a white background is ideal to get that professional look
- Make sure its in an area that has plenty of natural light coming in (open curtains/blinds to let as much light in as possible)
- And be prepared for them to be on the MOVE. Remember they are babies, and they have a VERY limited attention span. So, they will soon get over mummy telling them to smile, whilst making crazy noises. Therefore, be as quick as you can!
My heart belongs to...
So for this one, we follow the dressing up theme...in dad's shirt and tie. However this time, we add a photo frame prop!
This is super simple to create:
- All you need is a cheap frame (...I think this one costed no more than $5 from a cheap shop)
- Remove the glass piece (it's not needed, plus its safer for little ones)
- Grab a piece of black cardboard, and cut to size (I find it easiest to get the right size by using the piece of paper that comes in the frame, as a guide...you know the picture perfect image of randoms on it lol!)
- Then using a blackboard white pen (got this one from Kmart), write your message!
- Pop into the frame and you are ready.
Now, following the tips in the previous example...you'll need to have a well rested, well fed little one to get the best out of them.
Oh and this one would make the PERFECT card for dad!
- Make a cut vertically down the coloured line to the left of the small image
- Then cut horizontally across to the right on the coloured line, ONLY half way along.
- Then fold evenly so that the small image shows through from the front! (see end result here)
Here's to all the Dad's this Father's Day!
To be the first to receive more inspirational kids activities and budget friendly tips, enter your details below! Plus you will pick up our Free Clever Activity Planner, to keep your kids busy during school holidays and beyond!
Nicole is a mum of two girls aged 5 and 3, made to order cook, cleaner, crafts organiser and family budget manager. In between cups of coffee, you will usually find her assisting a toddler with the toilet, cleaning food scraps off the floor and basically trying to keep her mini-me's alive. She knows all too well that if you don’t keep them busy they will find their own busy-ness, by doing something mischievous!